Your body sends signals to warn you about stress. Many people are not attentive to decoding the signals because they are unaware what they signify.
- Inner unease
- Sleep problems (too much or too little)
- Muscle tension
- Skin problems
- Lack of appetite or craving for sweet or salty food
- Increased consumption of coffee, cigarettes alcohol or drugs
- Increased use of medication
- Conflict seeking
- Anger outbursts
- Avoiding others/isolation
- Problems with concentration
- Lack of humour
- Failing memory
- Negative thoughts
- Emotional inconsistency
- Cry easily
- Sense of emptiness or numbness
You can become better at identifying stress in time by being attentive to the signals your body sends.
If you are in doubt
You do not need to show all the symptoms to be suffering from stress.
If you are in doubt talk to someone who knows you well or contact your doctor.
Read more about how you can prevent stress.